Saturday, August 27, 2011

Latest News

Sorry, I haven't posted on this blog in awhile... a lot has taken place over the last week or so.
I am now back at home in the valley, due to "needing" to come home and take care of some business. I have had some "problems" with the lady I am trying to purchase my house from as well as a neighbor. I thought that I was going to have to move and it troubled me because I am just now really getting settled in. I love being here in the valley, however I can say that there is a lot of drama in this small town. We only have 150 people that live here full time and everyone knows every one's business----people around here REALLY like to talk and if they don't have someone or something to talk about, they make things up. I stay to myself and mind my own business and half the time I don't leave my yard and I can still tell you what everyone else is doing! Word around here spreads like fire, even if you don't care to know about it....
Because of the things that I have been dealing with lately, I ended up in the hospital diagnosed with a "mild heart attack". The doctors say that I need to try and stay away from stress (yeah, like that is going to happen!) and to exercise more and eat a cardiac diet (that isn't going to happen either). The "mild heart attack" was stress related so I am trying to relax and not worry about things as much.
I am feeling somewhat better and at the moment things have settled down and I don't think I have to move. I have to take each day as it comes and pray that the Lord will show me the way.
In "Farm" news, we have 6 Batham Cochin chicks and hope to add another couple of laying hens soon....the price of eggs (as well as everything else) has gone up. I have also rehomed a couple of the dogs to help cut down on the dog feed bill....I miss them, however I was very selective about their new homes and feel like they were all placed in loving homes.
The bunnies are doing fine and I named the JW babies---broken black buck has been named BL" Tiki Man and the chestnut doe, is BL's Tips.
Hope to hear everyone is doing well....and maybe I will be able to attend the Greensboro show!